Candidates who are looking for IBPS Specialist Officer (SO) vacancy, this is one of the right places to get details related to the matter. If you have degree in any one of the field of specialist subjects of specialization officers, your academic background gives you an edge over others.
IBPS is an independent body to conduct recruitment process for its participative organisations every year. IBPS ensures arrangements for conducting online preliminary examination. IBPS also declares result of online preliminary examination and inform the shortlisted candidates about the online main examination.
Examination which IBPS conducts is known as CWE-Common Written Examination. Here, you will get information related to the process of IBPS CWE Specialist Officer and provisional allotment, eligibility criteria, payment of prescribed fee, online registration processes, pattern of examination, issuance of call letters etc.
Contents All About->
Field for IBPS Specialist Officer (SO Exams)
- IT. Officer
- Agricultural Field Officer
- Rajbhasha Adhikari
- Law Officer
- HR/Personnel Officer
- Marketing Officer
Registration for IBPS SO (Specialist Officers):
Every year between Octobers to December, online registration for Specialist Officers is being done and exam-CWE is generally conducted in the month of January. To appear in this exam, candidates are required to register themselves for IBPS-SO as per guidelines given in notification. CWE for IBPS SO was being conducted in two stages.
- Online CWE-Mains
But, now from 2017 onwards, one stage has been added and Prelims will also be conducted for IBPS SO.
Candidates who will successfully qualify both stages of written exam of IBPS SO will be called for interview. Interview for IBPS SO will be conducted by the participative organisations in coordination with nodal bank.
To get information related to ibps exam date , visit the given page.
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS SO :
Candidates who wish to apply for specialist officer should fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS in its advertisement:
Applicant of IBPS SO should be Citizen of India.
Minimum age for appearing in ibps so exam is 20 years and Maximum age limit is 30 years.
Same as IBPS PO
Educational Requirement for ibps so:
Minimum Education Requirement is Bachelor degree from any recognised university of India.
Name of the Post
Educational Qualification for IBPS SO
|I.T Officer||a) 4 yrs. Degree of Engineering in C.S. / C.Apl. / I.T. / Electronics/ Electronics & Telecomm./ E.C./ E.I.
b) Post Graduate Degree of Engineering in C.S. / C.Apl. / I.T. / Electronics/ Electronics & Telecomm./ E.C./ E.I.
Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level
|Agricultural Field Officer||4 year Degree (graduation) in
Agri. Marketing & Cooperation
Co-operation & Banking
Agriculture Business Management
|Rajbhasha Adhikari||P.G. Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the graduation level
P.G. Degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the graduation level
|Law Officer||LLB and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council|
|HR/Personnel Officer||Graduate and Full time P.G. degree /diploma in
|Marketing Officer||Graduate and Full time
Full time 2 years
PGDBA / PGDBM/ PGPM/ PGDM with specialization in Marketing
IBPS SO-Special Note:
Candidates other than IT Officer Scale I should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/ Language/
Should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/ College/ Institute.
IBPS SO Exam and Online Examination Pattern:
IBPS conducts online examinations. From 2017 IBPS SO written exam will be held in two stages. Detail pattern will be announced with the notification. However, professional knowledge will be judged in Mains only.
Pattern of IBPS SO Main Exam
Till IBPS SO-VI notification, this examination was being conducted in the following format.
Question Format in ibps so:
Multiple questions are asked from three subjects i.e. reasoning, quantitative aptitude, English and professional area.
IBPS decides cut off marks and it is mandatory to qualify in each of the tests. IBPS depending upon requirements will shortlist adequate number of candidates for interview. Distribution of questions and marks are like below.
IBPS SO Mains Pattern at a Glance
Paper Pattern of IBPS SO Exam
Time : 02 hours
|1||Reasoning*||50 Questions||30 Minutes|
|2||English*||50 Questions||25 Minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude/G.K.*||50 Questions||30 Minutes|
|4||Professional Knowledge||50 Questions||35 Minutes|
|Total||200 Questions||120 Minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice|
|Negative Marking||Yes. 0.25 marks for each wrong answer|
|Law officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari will have General Knowledge paper instead of quantitative aptitude paper|
|*Papers are qualifying by nature. Marks will not be considered for the merit.|
Negative Marking in IBPS SO CWE:
In both stages of IBPS SO CWE, provision of negative marking is there. If any candidate is planning to guess answers, he should be careful because penalty for wrong answers may lead them towards failure. For each wrong answer, one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted. Candidate may leave question unanswered because, there will be no penalty for that.
IBPS SO Cut Off:
IBPS will decide cut offs according to vacancy. Participant of exam is required to get minimum marks in each subject separately along with minimum total marks required to get shortlisted for interview.
Marks of the Online Main Examination are not shared with the candidate before the completion of interview process.
Note: Marks of Professional Knowledge Test (CWE) only are considered for shortlisting candidates for Interview process.
IBPS SO Interview:
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the IBPS SO interview.
- Only on selected centres these Interviews will be conducted.
- Candidates will get information related to the name of centre, address of the venue, time & date of Interview for ibps so through the call letter.
- No request related to change in date, centre etc. of interview will be considered.
- However the conducting agencies reserve the right to make any changes.
- In IBPS SO interview, candidates will be judged for 100 marks.
- At the time of making final merit list Mains written and Interview will be considered in the ratio of 80:20.
- However minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be 40% or more for general candidates and relaxation of 5 % for the SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
- List of shortlisted candidates for the provisional allotment will be updated on website of IBPS.
List of Documents required appearing in IBPS SO Interview
Candidates are advised to keep their documents ready
If you fail to submit documents which are asked at the time of interview, you will not be allowed to appear in interview.
Keep your originals ready along with self-attested photocopies of given documents for the verification by the participating organisation as per their direction.
Name of Documents for ibps so
- Printout of the call letter for the Interview.
- Print of online application form (which is system generated) for CWE PO/MT VII
- Date of Birth Certificate which could be a Certificate given by the Competent Municipal Authorities or certificate of class X/ SSLC
- Photo Identify Proof
- Certification & Mark-sheets for the proof of educational qualifications.
- Caste Certificate for candidates of SC / ST / OBC category.
- Disability certificate of Persons with Disability category.
- Certificate should be issued by the District Medical Board.
- Ex-Servicemen candidates will submit certificates in as per proforma given in advertisement.
- No Objection Certificate by employees of Government deptt or PSUs
- Applicable certificates for candidates who are applying under age relaxation category.
Download this list of documents in pdf format. documents list for IBPS SO.
To get all your queries answered visit our page of ibpsexams
Good luck to all aspirants of IBPS Specialist Officer 2018.