Guide for IBPS PO
IBPS is an independent body to conduct recruitment process for its participative organisations every year. It ensures arrangements for conducting online preliminary examination. IBPS also declares result of online preliminary examination and inform the shortlisted candidates about the online main examination.
This article covers the process of CWE for IBPS PO and provisional allotment, eligibility criteria, payment of prescribed fee, online registration processes, pattern of examination, issuance of call letters etc. These information have been taken IBPS notification for CWE-PO/Mgt Trainee.
CWE- IBPS PO and Management Trainee
Every year between October to December, online exam is being scheduled for the selection of po-probationary officer as well as management trainees for the participative banks of IBPS. These tests are known as Common Written Exam popularly known as CWE.
To appear in this exam, candidates are required to register themselves for CWE as per guidelines given in notification. CWE is conducted in two stages.
CWE-Prelims for ibps po
CWE-Mains for ibps po
Candidates who will successfully qualify these two stages of written exams will be called for interview. Interview will be conducted by the participative organisations in coordination with nodal bank.
CWE- IBPS-PO and MT-Eligibility Criteria
- Citizenship: Applicant should be Citizen of India.
- Age : Minimum age is 20 years and Maximum age limit is 30 years. However, relaxation is there in some categories.
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|3||OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|4||Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|5||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|6||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
Note: Candidates who are seeking age relaxation will be asked to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ copies at the time of joining or at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process.
- Educational Requirement :Minimum Education Requirement is Bachelor degree from any recognised university of India.
Pre-Examination Training for ibps po exam
There is provision of Pre-Examination Training facility for candidates of specific categories. This training facility may be arranged by the Nodal Banks/ Participating Organisations to a limited number of candidates belonging to…
Few Point to Note:
- This training is arranged at certain centres only specified in advertisements.
- It is mandatory to fill in the relevant column of the On Line Application by eligible candidates to opt and avail this Pre-Examination Training
- This training is imparted free of cost.
- Candidate will borne all other expenses regarding travelling, boarding, lodging etc. for attending the preexamination training programme at the designated Centres.
- Depending on the response and administrative feasibility, authority reserves its right to cancel or make alternate arrangements.
- Pre-Examination Training is not confirming any right to candidate to be selected in any of the Participating Organisations mentioned in advertisement.
CWE-IBPS PO/MT – Online Examinations Pattern
IBPS conducts online examinations. In this examination which runs for one hour, multiple questions are asked from three subjects i.e. reasoning, quantitative aptitude and English. IBPS decides cut off marks and it is mandatory to qualify in each of the three tests. IBPS depending upon requirements will shortlist adequate number of candidates for online main examination. Distribution of questions and marks are like below.
|Paper Pattern of IBPS CWE Prelims Exam|
|Total Marks-100||Time : 01 hour
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35 marks||35|
|Type of Questions->||Multiple Choice|
|Equal Weightage to all subjects.|
CWE – IBPS PO/MT-Mains
Candidates who qualify the prelims phase of CWE are eligible to appear in CWE Mains for ibps po. This paper is also of multiple choice questions. In this paper questions will be divided in five sections and candidate will be required to attempt each section in stipulated time. Question Paper will be bilingual but questions of English subject will be asked in English only.
|Paper Pattern of IBPS CWE Mains Exam
|Time : 02 -2:30 hours|
|1||Reasoning||50||50 marks||40 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50 marks||40 minutes|
|3||English||40||40 marks||30 minutes|
|4||General Awareness||40||40 marks||20 minutes|
|5||Computer Knowledge||20||20 marks||10 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice|
|Negative Marking||Yes. 0.25 marks for each wrong answer|
|Language of Questions||Bilingual except questions of English Test|
IBPS, however, reserves the right to make changes in the pattern of the Examination
Negative Marking in ibps po exam
In both stages of IBPS CWE , provision of negative marking is there. If any candidate is planning to guess answers, he should be careful because penalty for wrong answers may lead them towards failure. For each wrong answer , one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted. Candidate may leave question unanswered because, there will be no penalty for that.
Cut Off in ibps po exam
IBPS will decide cut offs according to vacancy. Participant of exam is required to get minimum marks in each subject separately along with minimum total marks required to get shortlisted for interview.
Marks of the Online Main Examination is not shared with the candidate before the completion of interview process.
Note: Marks of Mains only are considered for shortlisting candidates for Interview process as well as for making final merit
Interview for ibps po selection
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.
- Only on selected centers these Interviews will be conducted.
- Candidates will be given information related to The name of centre, address of the venue, time & date of Interview through the call letter.
- No request related to change in date, centre etc. of interview will be considered.
- However the conducting agencies reserve the right to make any changes.
- Candidates will be judged for 100 marks.
- At the time of making final merit list Mains written and Interview will be considered in the ratio of 80:20.
- However minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be 40% or more for general candidates and relaxation of 5 % for the SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
- List of shortlisted candidates for the provisional allotment will be updated on website of IBPS.
For updates of IBPS PO exam, visit our blog time by time.To get more answers, visit ibpsexams