This page covers the process of selection of IBPS Clerk. Here, we will discuss about eligibility criteria, online registration, pattern of examination, negative marking, cut off, pre examination training etc.
CWE for IBPS Clerical Cadre
Recruitment for Public Sector Bank’s clerical cadre is done on State/UT-wise basis. If you are planning to apply for ibps-clerk position, you can apply against vacancy of any one state or union territory. Any candidates can not apply for vacancies in more than one State/ UT .
Not only this, a candidate would be required to appear for CWE in any one of the centres in that particular State/UT in which he is applying. It means, if you are applying against vacancy of Punjab, your examination centre will be in Punjab only.
However, depending upon the circumstances such as more application than seating arrangement or other administrative issues a centre of examination outside the chosen State/UT may be allotted to the candidate. But this will be only for the conduct of examination and the candidate will be considered for vacancies in the State/UT applied for, as aforesaid.
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS-Clerk
Firstly, you should check eligibility. If you wish to apply for CWE Clerks, you should fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS in its advertisement:
Need not to say, Only Indians can apply for ibps clerk position.
Minimum age is 20 years and Maximum age limit is 28 years for IBPS Clerk positions. However, relaxation is there in some categories.
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|3||OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|4||Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|5||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|6||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
Note: Candidates who are seeking age relaxation should keep ready necessary certificate(s) in original/copies because at the time of joining or at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process, same will be asked.
To apply for ibps clerk, you should possess Bachelor degree from any recognised university of India.
Now Indian Banking System is totally computerised. So, candidate should have working and operating knowledge in computer systems. It is mandatory and candidates should have Certificate / Diploma / Degree in computer operations / Language / or should have studies computer or IT as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
Not only graduate degree is essential but also candidate should have proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply.
Pre-Examination Training for IBPS-Clerk exam
IBPS conducts Pre-Examination Training for candidates of specific categories. This training facility may be arranged by the Nodal Banks or Participating Organisations to a limited number of candidates belonging to…
Persons with Disabilities
Few Point to Note:
- This training is scheduled at certain centres only.
- If any candidate wants to avail this Pre-Examination Training, he must opt the option at the time of filling the online form.
- This training is imparted free of cost and to only eligible candidates.
- IBPS will not borne other expenses such as charge of travelling, boarding, lodging etc. for attending this pre-examination training programme for ibps clerk exam.
- IBPS reserves its right to cancel or make alternate arrangements, if circumstances demands.
- Last but most important point, that Pre-Examination Training does not confirm of selection in any of the Participating Organisations mentioned in advertisement.
Online Examinations Pattern for IBPS Clerks
IBPS conducts online examinations named CWE. In this examination which runs for one hour, multiple questions are asked from three subject’s i.e.
Quantitative aptitude and
IBPS decides cut off marks and it is mandatory to qualify in each of the three tests. Depending upon requirements on position of clerk grade, IBPS will shortlist adequate number of candidates for online main examination.
Distribution of questions and marks for prelims is as per chart given below
Paper Pattern of IBPS CWE Prelims Exam
Time : 01 hour
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35 marks||35|
|Type of Questions->||Multiple Choice|
Equal Weightage to all subjects
Note: Do proper practice as in ibps -clerk exam, marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
CWE Mains for IBPS Clerk
Candidates who qualify the prelims phase of CWE of clerk are eligible to appear in CWE Mains. Again this paper asks multiple choice questions. In this paper questions will be divided in five sections and candidate will be required to attempt each section in stipulated time. Question Paper will be bilingual but questions of English subject will be asked in English only.
Paper Pattern of IBPS CWE Mains Exam
|Time : 02 -2:30 hours|
|1||Reasoning||50 marks||30 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||50 marks||30 minutes|
|3||English||40 marks||30 minutes|
|4||General Awareness||40 marks||25 minutes|
|5||Computer Knowledge||20 marks||20 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice|
|Negative Marking||Yes. 0.25 marks for each wrong answer|
|Language of Questions||Bilingual except questions of English Test|
IBPS, however, reserves the right to make changes in the pattern of the Examination for ibps clerk.
Examination Centres for IBPS Clerk
- IBPS gives tentative list of Examination centres for the Preliminary exams in its advertisement and examination is conducted online in venues across many centres in India.
- IBPS does not entertain any request for change in allotted examination centre.
- Depending upon the response and administrative feasibility, IBPS can cancel or add any of the Examination Centres.
- IBPS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for and depending upon the circumstances a candidate may be allocated an exam centre outside the State/UT for which vacancies he/she is applying.
- IBPS is only exam conducting body and will not be responsible for IBPS will not be responsible for any expenses, injury or losses etc. at the exam centre.
- Any misbehaviour in the examination hall may result in cancellation of candidature and may become disqualification for future exams conducted by IBPS.
Exam Dates for IBPS-Clerk-VII
IBPS has announced tentative dates for all exams. For detail you need to visit the page of Exam Dates.